Everyone knows kids are curious about the objects in space so why not give them a telescope? There are a lot of best telescope for kids that deserve a mention. Yes, there are so many models out there in the market. Thus, we did the dirty work and narrowed down the list to just ten. You can thank us later as here are the ten telescopes that deserve your attention:
Best Telescope for Kids Review
Creative Cedar Designs Telescope
- Attaches to a variety of residential play Equipment for compatibility with most back yard play sets
- Sturdy polyethylene construction and shatter-free plastic lenses create a perfect play safe swing set accessory that meets or exceeds ASTM standards
- Detachable mounting bracket and simple, injection-molded design ensure the longevity of your swing set accessory against the elements and vigorous playtime
- Designed for use with residential play Equipment, Intended for children 3-10 years of age
- Super simple design and do-it-yourself hardware kit make for a minutes-long installation that will keep your swing set accessory secure through prolonged outdoor use
If you have expectations for a telescope, this product will surely exceed it. It is pretty lightweight so kids won’t have a hard time carrying the object from one place to another. There is no reason for your kids to not love this amazing product. Best of all, it is designed in such a way that it will withstand the abuse from kids. Yes, you can expect your kids to accidentally drop this item several times. Good thing, the manufacturer expected that to happen.
Educational Insights Talking Telescope
- SPARK MORE EXPLORATION: Amazing space images, fun facts, and quiz questions get kids excited about our solar system!
- LOOK, LISTEN & LEARN: The GeoSafari Jr. Talking Telescope features 24 eye-opening images from NASA and 240 fun facts and quiz questions
- BUILT-IN IMAGES FROM NASA: The perfect first telescope, preschoolers can view amazing, built-in space images without the frustration that comes with focusing and closing one eye
- FEATURES THE VOICE OF EMILY CALANDRELLI: Fun facts and quiz questions voiced by Emily Calandrelli, the star of Netflix's show Emily's Wonder Lab
- SUPPORTS STEM: Introduce kids to the exciting world of science and space
It is no surprise how this toy became a finalist for the toy of the year. The manufacturer is also pretty confident about the materials they used in making the product. As a result, they offer a 1-year risk-free guarantee. Yes, they’ve been making toys for a number of decades. The best part is your kids will get taught about the basics of the solar system. There is nothing like seeing them learn a lot of things.
MaxUSee Kids Telescope
- Portable Refractor Telescope with Finder Scope – The perfect gift for kids & astronomy beginners to explore universe and nature, High Quality Optics make your view brighter, clearer and delivers crisp images.
- Kids Lunar Telescope F400X40 with Moon Mirror – Includes 3pcs interchangeable eyepieces H20mm, H12.5mm, H6mm which you can enjoy different magnification power.
- Travel Telescope with Focal length 400mm - compass built-in the telescope tube, the finder scope helps you target objects faster and easier.
- Educational Science Telescope Easy to Assemble and Use – Comes with Moon & Star map, lightweight and portable telescope suitable for family travel to bring lots of fun and joy to Children.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Service - We provide two-years warranty, we offer technical support & service from our team of experts at any time. If you have any question about our products and service, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you in time.
Due to how easy it is to carry this telescope, you can put it in any room you want then change your mind. The telescope also provides a brief lesson about space. Since this product is so easy to set up, it won’t be long before you can use it. This would certainly be the perfect gift for kids who are curious about the sun and stars. The package is great too as it includes a bunch of maps and a couple of eyepieces. Unlike other instruction manuals that give too much information, this one just tells you what you need to know.
Telrad Finder Sight
- The easiest way to aim a telescope. The view seen through the window of the Telrad is continuous with the sky around it, not magnified or upside down.
If you want a magnifying glass, you came to the wrong item. This is such a great item though as you will be able to center on the object you want to focus on. Whether it is a specific star or the moon, you can focus on that. It is a lot bigger than what you’d expect which is actually a good thing. You will be able to see a lot more things in space.
Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr.
- SPARK MORE EXPLORATION! Discover the world with science & exploration toys designed just for kids to get up close with nature, peer into outer space, and get smart about science
- THE ONLY BINOCULARS DESIGNED FOR KIDS: Kid-sized binoculars are focus-free and feature large comfy eyepieces—more than 3 times the size of ordinary eyepieces; Built kid tough and designed to last for years
- KIDS BINOCULARS MADE FOR KIDS: Kidnoculars are kid binoculars with easy-placement goggles, 2x magnification, and breakaway neck strap
- STOCKING STUFFERS FOR KIDS: From sensory play to pocket-sized puzzle games, we’ve got best-selling learning toys and games your kids will love unwrapping.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR PLAY: Get kids outside to explore the world and stay curious; Kidnoculars are great to take to the park, beach, or anywhere; No batteries required
It is no surprise how this is Educational Insights’ second product on this list as they make lots of great telescopes. This product was designed with kids in mind. Thus, it won’t be a good idea for adults to use it. It comes with a tripod that can easily be adjusted too. Kids who are curious about space will definitely love this telescope. Best of all, it comes with an instruction guide that is in several languages.
MaxUSee Refractor Telescope
- Portable telescope with wide range of different magnification from 16X to 200X, the perfect First Telescope for kids & astronomy beginners.
- 70mm Large aperture objective lens make the images brighter and clearer, with 5X24 finder scope can locate objects faster and earlier.
- Includes 4pcs 1.25" eyepieces H6mm, H12.5mm, H20mm and K25mm. High magnification (H6mm), middle magnification (H12.5mm) and low magnification but with sharper image (H20mm & K25mm) eyepieces give you variety for any viewing situation.
- Focal length 400mm refractor telescope comes with a durable Table-top tripod, includes the accessories 3X Barlow lens, 1.5X Erecting eyepiece and Moon mirror.
- Travel telescope that Easy to carry & Quick to set up - Comes with a phone adapter that you can use cell phone for video camera and image capturer.
You won’t need any other objects to set this thing up. You can set it up from the materials that are already provided. Of course, you just need to follow a few simple instructions. When you get used to what you need to do, it will take you a few seconds to set it up next time. Due to its magnification, it is the perfect telescope for those who are just learning space objects.
NauticalMart Handheld Brass Telescope
- Incredible Collection: We have the World's Largest Collection of Brass Nautical and a vast range of Nautical Telescopes. Our Telescopes are made with high quality Brass, Glass Lens, and some are sheathed with leather, some are of wooden. Most of the telescopes are packed in Wooden & Leather cases as described and also come in different finishes antique, bronze, dark, nickel & polished. All our telescopes are inspired
- Ease of Mind for Carrying: The pocket telescope has a mini size, telescopic design. It’s lightweight and easy to carry, allowing you to take the pirate brass telescope with you anywhere you go. It is a great imitation of vintage spyglass. It focuses and magnifies due to the excellent optics for real viewing.
- Ultimate Purpose: This pirate spyglass is fully functional and can be utilized for years as a decorative item at your home and workspace. It enhances your home décor by giving it an elegant and sophisticated touch. Ideal for using on boats, hiking trips, bird watching, sports events, outdoor travel, sightseeing, concert, ball game, role playing, traveling etc.
- Unique Gift: This handheld telescope is a unique gifting option for travelers, nautical collector’s, and educational present for occasions like birthday, promotion ceremony, Thanksgiving, Christmas, friendship’s day, Easter, engagements, weddings, anniversaries and more. This Incredible Telescope was also designed in the style of the Royal Navy.
- How to: This telescope uses a push-and-pull mechanism to focus distant objects. You need to Pull it out completely and slowly push the barrel inside, while looking through the telescope, till the desired object becomes clear. great piece of work, a very unique telescope. Wonderful usable nautical decor in any office, boat or home or gifting to your loved ones.
Since it is made from leather, you’re going to be proud to bring this with you wherever you go. It is so small that it can fit inside your pocket or even in your belt’s small pouches. Thus, you won’t have to make room when you need to bring it to another place. Once looking at the lens, you are going to get such a great view that you may have a hard time letting go.
Moonee Telescope for Kids
- ►HIGH-QUALITY OPTICAL GLASS LENSES – View all the details of the craters on the moon with the 18X “wide-view” and 90X “close-up” eyepieces
- ►PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS – This telescope is very easy and super portable for any budding astronomer to use
- ►EASY TO USE – Excellent for beginning astronomers, the telescope comes with a tripod and sets up in less than 1 minute
- ►INSPIRE A LOVE OF SPACE – See craters on the moon with incredibly detailed views of the surface including craters, volcanoes, plateaus and more
- ►100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Join the millions of parents who have chosen our award-winning science toys
It is amazing how you will be able to see craters on the moon just by peeing on this amazing telescope. There will even be details provided so your kids will learn a bunch of new things. In addition, it is pretty easy to set this up as even your child can set it up himself. There is no question that this product will get your kids to be even more curious about what is actually out there in space.
ToyerBee offers one of the longest guarantees you will ever come across. Believe it or not, it is actually three years so you can feel confident nothing will go wrong with the product for quite some time. The aperture is so big that you won’t believe how clear the images are. They made sure you won’t have a problem with installing the product as they provided a ton of guidelines. Nobody has had any problem installing this item though. In fact, even small kids can install the product themselves. All it needs is a little bit of patience.
Eastern Jungle Gym Toy Binoculars
- Extra Large Swing Set Accessory: Jumbo binoculars measure 11.75" long and 10.5" wide
- Constructed with heavy-duty, durable polyethylene plastic with UV protectors to prevent color loss
- Kids Toy binoculars, NON-MAGNIFYING
- Mounts to any wall railing or wall panel for easy install on any outdoor wood swing set
- All mounting hardware included
The first time you hold this telescope, you will already conclude that they used excellent materials to make it. It even includes all the materials you need to set this product up so you won’t have to buy anything else. You will definitely feel like you’re a pirate since it includes a pirate steering wheel and a pirate telescope toy. It doesn’t magnify though so if that is what you are looking for then look for other options. It makes for a great addition to your pirate-themed playground though.
While looking at all these telescopes, it would be great to look at some deciding factors. First, look at the materials they were made of. Second, test the microscope yourself by looking through it and check out what you see.
All products feature a bunch of things. Thus, look at the features you’ll benefit from the most. For example, will you benefit from a lifetime warranty or portability?
All the above products are good enough for some consideration. Of course, it would be best to let your kid do the choosing. After all, it would not make sense for you to make the choice when you’re not the one who is going to use it. Consider the age of your child though. Aside from that, consider the budget you are willing to spend for.