Although conventional radios have been pretty much replaced with modern smartphones that come geared with a lot of improved features, emergency radios are still a very crucial part of many travelers’ emergency kits.
These radios provide a communication channel in case of any emergencies and in this article, we will be informing you about some of the best emergency radio sets that you can buy right now from Amazon.
We will be rating these products on different factors such as battery life, Durability, Price, and many other factors. The market is pretty saturated for emergency radios and you can choose based upon the feature that you would like most to have in your radio set.
Why would you need an Emergency Radio?
An emergency radio is pretty much a necessity for people that like to adventure and travel to places where there aren’t any power outlets or mobile signals. These Radios are well equipped to last a long time without any power and they can help you receive emergency notifications from the NOAA as well if the power grid is knocked up and you cannot charge your smartphone.
What are some Key Features to look out for in Emergency Radios?
Basically, as the name suggests, you need a Radio set that is most lucrative during an emergency and during such conditions, perks such as USB charging ports or flashlight aren’t really that important. We recommend that you get a radio that has a hand crank charging option and has great battery life. Furthermore, it is very important that in addition to AM and FM, the radio has access to NOAA weather channels that allows it to receive important alerts.
Best Emergency Radios that you can Buy Right Now
FoS Power Emergency Solar Hand Crank Portable Radio
- [4000mAh POWER BANK TO KEEP DEVICES POWERED] The FosPower FOSPWB-2402 solar crank radio is equipped with a 4000mAh power bank that is capable of supporting long-time radio operation. If you are in the outdoors or there is a power outage, the power bank will keep your USB devices charged in case of an emergency.
- [3 POWER SOURCES WHENEVER YOU NEED IT] Use the emergency weather radio’s 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. The radio’s crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm ready to go when you need them most. The micro-USB cable provides you the most efficient way to recharge your radio.
- [SOS ALARM AND 2 LIGHT SOURCES] In an emergency situation, the SOS function will allow you to call for help by making a loud siren sound and a flashing light, and the flashlight and reading light are capable of lighting your way to a safe place. Turning the sensor switch to the AUTO position allows the motion sensor to automatically turn on/off the reading light to save energy.
- [NOAA EMERGENCY WEATHER BROADCAST ACCESS] The radio will dependably receive NOAA channels for local weather information and emergency hazard alerts. The AM/FM function provides full access to all AM and FM radio broadcasts.
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] Join millions of satisfied customers with our limited lifetime warranty, backed by our experienced and dedicated USA based customer service.
This radio is priced at just 35$ and the features that have been packed into it for this price point are just amazing. The Radio has been delivered as an upgraded version of its predecessor and has many amazing features, it now packs a battery of up to 4000 mAH and has amazing features like 4 LED lights that can keep you out of the dark in dire emergency situations.
In addition to that, it has a Hand Crank power option that can ensure that if the power goes out, you can simply crank the radio to charge it, it is able to charge your phone or tablet with its 4000 mAH battery as well so that is also a good plus.
Keeping in mind that this radio is also very durable and has an IPX3 rating which means that it is also water-resistant for harsh weather conditions. The Radio contains a Flashlight as well and in addition to that, it also has the SOS beacon feature which is able to signal authorities for help by emitting a loud siren-like sound.
There is no doubt that this radio is absolutely packed with a lot of features and can be very helpful in dire circumstances.
Weather Radio Raynic 5000mAh Solar Hand Crank Emergency Radio
- 5-WAY POWER SOURCES - The weather radios with multiple power backup options are the best choice.5 power sources including a hand crank, solar panel, and AC power to make it easier to keep the radio running during a prolonged situation where AC power is off.
- MULTI-USE & DURABLE- The upgraded crank radios is enough to charge your cell phone or USB devices for a brief call or a text message during an emergency. And plus a 3.5mm headphone jack, allows you to enjoy radio shows without disturbing others. This weather radio with 3W integrated flashlights and 2.5W reading lamp are handy during emergency power cuts to see any signal in the dark. can be a lifesaver during dangerous disasters like tornadoes and hurricanes.
- NOAA ALERT RADIO - This NOAA weather alert radio are specially designed for emergency need. But it requires being powered on and manually tuned into a local weather station to receive alerts. It has standard analog tuning of AM/FM/SW/7 preset NOAA weather channels. It is a particular device designed to receive emergency warnings for various life-threatening weather events such as cyclones, hurricanes, tsunamis, and other weather disasters.
- PORTABLE RADIO & COMPASS - This pocket-sized portable emergency radio is surprisingly small and light. Its dimension is 7.5*3.5*4.7inch and weight 1.2LB, and it comes with SOS alarm function and a necessary compass.For hiking or trekking purpose this type of radio is a smart choice. Carrying around a large unit is quite difficult when you have to move around during emergencies.
- HOME & OUTDOOR NECESSARY - This waterproof IPX3 emergency radio with a backup power source is reliable and necessary for home use and outdoor travel, so you’ll be ready in case of any emergency events. Packing included: 1*Raynic Emergency Weather Radio,1*Handy Braid belt,1*Carabiner,1*Compass,1*Micro USB Charger,and 1*User Manual.
This radio has been conveniently priced at 40$ price point which means that although it is a little expensive than the previous one that we have reviewed, it can easily justify its slightly higher price due to the additional features that it packs under its hood.
This Emergency Radio has 5 Power sources meaning that you can hand crank it, solar charge it, use the factory-installed 5000mAH battery, or use the AAA battery slots to increase its capacity beyond that. You can also choose to use AC power with it if the batteries have been all used up and you are not in the mood for cranking.
This Radio has the SOS feature as well so you can easily signal the authorities in case you go missing and there is a search party nearby, in addition to that, it has a 3W flashlight instead of a 1W one in the previous one that we reviewed.
The Radio comes with a compass as well so in case you are lost, you can help find your way back using a map, also, it can access the NOAA weather channels to get any emergency weather alerts. The Radio comes packed with an IPX3 water-resistant rating which makes sure that even in harsh weather conditions, you can rely on your Radio to work just fine.
Sangean MMR-88 AM/FM/Weather+Alert Emergency Radio
- receives all 7 noaa weather channels & reports
- 19 random preset stations
- dc out（5v / 0.3a）usb a type socket for charging mobile phone or mp3 player. dc in（5v / 0.5a）micro usb b type socket for charging
- powered by handcrank dynamo/solar panel/dc input. public alert-certified weather radio
- micro usb-b input to recharge lithium battery
This Radio is the most expensive out of our collection priced around 50$ but the thing with this one is that this is probably the best-reviewed out of all of them. It has 3 LEDs to make sure that you always have light available in dire conditions. The Flashlight is pretty capable as well and the best thing about this radio is that it is able to juice up your phone pretty quickly than the other ones to make sure that you are able to make any emergency calls in dire situations.
A built-in speaker and a headphone jack have been integrated as well and in addition to all these features, the hand crank option is also available in this. The most important feature of all in this Radio is that it is the sturdiest of them all. A squared up shape that has Rubbers around its edge to absorb any fall damage make sure that even if it falls out of your hands, you don’t need to worry about damaging your last resort.
The Radio is capable of receiving all 7 NOAA channels so that you can rest easy that in case of any dire circumstances or weather changes, you will be informed up and receive all updates. On top of all this, the Radio also contains a USB-C port to make sure that your phone stays charged up even if it doesn’t support conventional USB A options.